Saturday, July 9, 2011

Silver threads

                                                                                               Photo Corey Amaro
Goodnight,
Sweet blue eyes
Deep blue skies
Tonight I have you
Safely sewn
with
Silver thread
And woven
Through my life.
You are so kind
With such a mind -
With silver thoughts like
Prism droplets
Misting through this air that is
So thick
like wine,
and
Pervading every inlet of my life,
Somehow enlightening,
And frightening at the same time.
But then you
Take this hand,
and I am fine.

Dance!

I know you like a little storybook romance
I know you like to find the perfect place,
The perfect line.
I know you like your words to be well-timed,
Just like your jokes,
All laced with rhymes.

Silver thread
Is running
Through this air
So fine and fair and blowing
In this breeze
- but spun from where?
From every breath we breathe and
From the tossing of the sea
The connective tissue of our very cares....
A silver thread is running
From your eyes to mine
A silver thread is drifting
And I grab the line and pull this in --
A silver fish,
A silver wish,
A golden time -
A silver word of yours
Caught in the air,
Still ringing like a chime
I catch it on a silver line
And hold it
'Til vibration disappears.

No comments:

Post a Comment