Sunday, October 16, 2011

Moving Forward

When the air has written us a tune
That we can breathe in,
That we can deeply dive into
It will be fine for us to run and not look back.
When the sun has come around to
Shine a day that grey can seethe in
That we can sweetly lie into
It will be fine for us to jump and not hold back.
When the race is finally run and
Finish lines have broken time that
I can sing to
That I can freely beat my wings to 
It will be time for me win and not make up for
Anything I lack.
I can't go back
To other roads that I have passed through,
To the easy paths that always lead straight into
Variations of the devil's favorite trap...
I can't look back
To all the things that
I had run to
To the future that I thought this life
would come to
To the dreams I thought were
everything I had...
No, I can't turn back -
And the fear of any wood that I can't see through
Will never lead me anywhere,
But back.

October 16, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment